A day in the hills to discover one of the Italian excellence in a splendid territory, rich in history, castles and flavors.
- Meeting with our guide at your hotel.
- Visit to a dairy for the production of Parmigiano Reggiano
- We will attend all stages of production with tasting of three maturations
- Lunch and tasting in farmhouse
- Afternoon visit to the Castle of Torrechiara
- Visit to the Langhirano Raw Ham Museum with tasting
- Return to your hotel
Early in the morning we meet our guide and we will reach the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese factory.
We will witness the magic of the “Rising” of the forms, two for each of the typical copper boilers, we will be accompanied step by step until the salting in brine and the seasoning room, to finish with a good tasting of the various seasonings.
At the end of the visit we will follow the “Parma” river valley to the Torrechiara Castle where we will have lunch in a beautiful agrotourism, surrounded by the gentle hills that slope down towards Parma.
In the afternoon we will visit the beautiful and impressive Torrechiara Castle and the Parma Ham Museum in Langhirano, with tasting.
In the late afternoon, return to Parma to participate in one of the moments that Italians like best, the struscio: strolling through the streets of the center, chatting, tasting, shopping, sitting down for an aperitif, living the end of the day before night falls , a moment that sometimes lasts until dinner time.
- Tour leader the whole day
- The guided visits
- Lunch and Tasting
- All transfers
What’s not included:
- Anything not explictly specified
- Personal expenses.