A day of art and elegance of two cities so close geographically and so far away as history, culture and architectural beauties.
What we’ll do
- Day 1: we will visit the historic center of Milan
- Aperitif on the Navigli
- Return to the Hotel
- Day 2: bike tour in Morimondo
- Typical lunch
- Return to the Hotel
1st Day – Milano liberty and alternative
Meeting with our guide in your hotel and from there we will start our tour in the Milan Liberty in the Venice district: former Dumont cinema, Guazzoni house, Galimberti house, Sheraton Diana hotel, Berri-Meregalli house, pink flamingos of Villa Invernizzi.
Free time for lunch and in the afternoon guided tour (FAI guide) at Villa-Necchi Campiglio, open from Wednesday to Sunday from 10 am to 6 pm.
Alternative shopping tour, among shops and boutiques that allow you to make beautiful and original purchases, far from the most famous circuits of fashion and large chains.
Followed by an aperitif on the Navigli.
2nd Day – The navigli and the Abazia di Morimondo
It starts from Milan and runs along the Naviglio Grande cycle path through fields and small towns (Corsico, Trezzano, Vermezzo, Abbiategrasso). The route, easy and flat, is also fascinating from a historical point of view, because it refers to the great project of Leonardo Da Vinci to make the Navigli of Milan navigable: in 1482, Leonardo was commissioned by Ludovico il Moro to study a system to allow navigation from Lake Como to the city.
Suffice it to say that the transport of the marbles of the quarries of Candoglia, in val d’Ossola, used for the decoration of the Cathedral of Milan took place right through this canal.
In the second half of the nineteenth century, thanks to the advance of competition from railways and trams, the river transport system declined, but today there is a large redevelopment project at stake for navigability.
Through the cycle path (without ever going out on busy roads!) you get directly to Morimondo and its splendid Cistercian abbey of 1200, open Saturday from 9 to 12 and from 14.30 to 17 (18 in summer) + Sunday from 9 to 12 and from 14.30 to 18 (19 in summer).
Lunch on site with menu of typical dishes and in the afternoon return to Milan.
Cost from 50,00 € per person minimum 10 people
- The accompaniment throughout the day, starting from your accommodation, guided tours and tastings that may be provided
- The organization of travel and transport
- Bicycle rental
What’s not included
- Anything not explictly specified
- Lunch and tastings
- Best time: preferably from March to June and from September to November)
- Villa Necchi Campiglio: one-hour guided tours are held in Italian every 30 minutes starting at 10.15 am; for those in English you have to call in the morning and ask for the times. The ticket for non-members fai costs € 14.
- Bike trip to Morimondo (60k round trip): guided tours (Saturday at 15 and 15.30) and Sunday (at 14.30, 15, 15.30, 16). During the week by reservation only.