A day in the hills and mountains of Frignano, to discover one of the Italian excellences in a splendid territory.
What we’ll do
- Our guide will meet you in your hotel.
- Visit to a dairy for the production of Parmigiano Reggiano
- We will see all stages of production
- Tasting of the products of the area
- Optional visit to Ferrari in Maranello
- Return to your hotel
We are on the hills and mountains of Frignano, a beautiful area that includes the whole southern province of Modena, up to Tuscany. In this territory a particular Parmigiano Reggiano is produced, the cows are often the Bianche Modenesi, Slow Food Presidium, they produce less, they are less stressed and their milk is much richer in nutrients and fat, obtaining a particularly tasty product.
We will visit a dairy that produces in organic form, the whole supply chain, from pastures to cereals. We will witness the magic of the “rising” of the shapes, normally two at a time, and we will be accompanied step by step until the salting in brine, to end with a nice and good tasting of the various seasonings.
We will move to the kitchen for one we will participate in a small cooking class for fresh pasta and then taste the products of the farm. After having lunch we will return to Bologna after a small maranello stop for a visit with tasting in an ancient vinegar factory for the production of traditional balsamic vinegar of Modena, an ancient fairy tale that has arrived intact to the present day.
- Tour leader the whole day
- The guided tour of the dairy
- The guided tour to a Vinegar Factory
- All transfers
What’s not included
- Anything not explictly specified
- Personal expenses